An afternoon in the woods


Spent a few hours this afternoon in Storeton Woods.  Despite being less than a mile from home i havent been there for almost ten years. Shame on me.

Anyway, walking in the woods i went. I didnt fancy taking the full EOS kit so opted for my pocket lumix as it was light, didnt take a great deal of thinking about and it takes a great monochrome image. 

It is ironic, but in all my years teaching photography, i drilled it into my students NOT to set their camera to monochrome. If you wanted to take a black and white picture, i lectured, you shot it in colour and did the monochrome work in the computer afterwards. So what am i doing now ? Yes, you've guessed it, the complete opposite. I am setting my camera to dynamic monochrome. I am ignoring my own teaching !!

In my defence my camera is very adept at black and white and i do know what subjects work and what don't. 

I know these shots aren't everyones cup of tea and are a little removed from my normal work, however, they got me out of the house for a few hours. I walked somewhere new and it stretched my imagination, pulling me out of my comfort zone.

I hope you like them. Maybe they inspire you ? If you have any comments please do leave them and feel free to subscribe to this page.

See you soon. The kettles just boiled.....











Comments

  1. These photographs are fantastic. I love the close up of the bark!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel Free to leave a comment or message

Popular Posts