Lower Heswall Boat Yard




I bought this camera this week. Its a Minolta Dynax 4 35mm film camera. And at only £15, including the lens, i couldn't resist. I bought it from West Yorkshire Cameras in Leeds, a family run business whom i shall definately be buying off again. If you are looking for any kit i would seriously recommend them. Their web site is  wycameras.com.

So, having my usual Friday off, i had to take it out for a play. I loaded it with a roll of Kentmere Pan 400 black and white film and headed off to one of my favourite places, the boatyard in Heswall. And just so i could share the day with you all i also took the Lumix digital with me.

All the "experts" will tell you not to shoot in the midday sun because its too contrasty. Shadows are too dark and white too bright..etc. Well, i went and shot in the midday sun !! It was peaceful, warm and with a deep blue sky. And it got me away from the computer ( editing my Kiev pictures ).

This is a great place to take pictures. You've got a large free car park a few hundred metres away from the shoreline, loads of old boats and a great bar and restaurant called Sheldrakes. The postcode is CH60 9JU and if you do venture out with your camera i would advise you wear a good pair of wellingtons to get through the marshland to the better wrecks. Sunset would be the best time to visit.

Shooting with film again is really refreshing. In today's instant, impatient world it is nice to have to wait for something. It makes you slow down and think about what you're doing. Hopefully i'll get two rolls of film off to the lab next week and i'll be able to show you my pictures.

Anyway, here's the digital shots from today. Hope you like them. And if you do get down to the boatyard please share your pictures on my facebook page here
















Comments

Popular Posts